Well, I had my 39 week appointment yesterday. He's still measuring spot on, and has a strong heartbeat, and I still get to wait some more. I'm beginning to dislike that word a whole lot. I've been at 1cm now for 2 weeks with zero change. So still at 1cm, still 40%, still 40% effaced, and still waiting. I think I really had hoped for change yesterday because I was in this (very temporary) funk yesterday afternoon about the news. Not that I expected a change, I just wanted to hear that I had a change. I'm fine now, I just needed a huff and puff moment. It just seemed for a while that the road to next week had multiplied in length and that the light at the end of the tunnel that I've been seeing dimmed greatly.
I'll be honest, I'm to the point where I just hurt all over and want this baby out. But again, discomfort at this stage is completely expected and nothing to complain about. Things could be so so much worse, and I'm thankful I've not been one of these with high blood pressure, pre-eclampsia, and even worse, one on bed rest. If the Lord allowed me to escape all the horrible things that could happen during pregnancy, I can deal with a little discomfort here and there. Besides, all that matters in the end is that I have a healthy baby boy.
I do have to share a funny story. My brother-in-law called Darin the other day to share a story about someone he knew who just delivered the other day. His message was the following: "Ok, so here's an example of what you DON'T do while your wife's in labor. This lady's water broke early this morning. She puts a towel between her legs and they get in the car. But the husband's a teacher, so before they drove to the hospital, they went by the school where the husband goes in and makes copies for the substitute. As he got to the school, he actually asked his wife if she wanted to come in with him."
Ok, so I must say, I can't imagine Darin ever doing this to me, but I would hate to think what I would have wanted to do to him in the event that I was in labor and my water had just broken. I just hope the guy's still married to that poor lady today. ;-)
I totally thought you were going to say that she had the baby in the car while he was in getting his lesson plans together!!!! HA!!
ReplyDeleteYou can make it! Any day now!!! :)
The last few weeks are the hardest. I remember Kevin almost fighting with the doctor because he made me go two weeks past my due date before he would do anything! Still have no clue why. I just remember being miserable. Hang in there, girl!
ReplyDeleteI'm praying for you guys!
LOL! That is so funny, but not! I know you can do it Alison....just pray and hopefully it will happen soon.
ReplyDelete