So now, we're in the official "overdue" stage...or as a friend of mine put it last night at church, "the overcooked stage". With as much trouble as I had with contractions starting the first week of April, I NEVER thought I'd still be carrying a baby. But here we are.
The end of the week is my appointment, and hopefully last appointment. She'll most likely set a date then if there's still no change. As fast as this pregnancy has gone, let me tell you, the end of the week seems like an eternity from here. But it'll come, he'll arrive, and all will be well.
So to answer the questions I know some of you have...I'm still having contractions, but nothing different than what I've been having for a month now. Still having periodic cramps in the lower back and lower belly, but nothing different than what I've had for two weeks now. Still "nesting", but nothing different than I've been doing for 3 weeks at least. So I'm convinced now that all these signs that supposedly signal imminent (or at least close) labor are all really just to make you think you're nearing labor but really mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. ;-)
Those of you who have had babies in the past, I know you've felt the frustration of always belly bumping things. I was trying to cut my poor husband's hair last night and with as much as my belly got in the way and about bumped him out of the chair, I'm surprised I didn't accidentally send the 1/4th an inch blade all the way across his head. This is true for just about everything at this point...especially when I'm required to stand at a counter and sign papers. I have to stand a good distance away from most things at this point...sort of an awkward feeling. Now...that being said, wouldn't this be awesome?

Not that I'd really feel comfortable having special accommodations, but how neat would that be to see?
Oh, you poor thing! I will pray that he will come and be healthy and you will be bump free shortly.LOL I love the cartoon! How handy would that be?!!! :)
ReplyDeleteHang in there...you can do it!!!!
ReplyDeleteHang in there! At the end, I kept thinking - "If I had known I would be two weeks overdue - I would have done a lot more!" It was just a frustrating time around that due date. I'll keep praying and checking your FB and blog for the wonderful news!!
ReplyDeleteOh I SO remember being there!!! Hang in there! When I was at that point I started walking every day (among other things) to induce labor. The day I did finally go into labor I had taken the LONGEST walk. I had to call Andy to come pick me up in the middle of it because I didn't have the energy to walk back home! HA! :) Praying for you! (PS - LOVED your post on my blog...too funny!)
ReplyDelete