Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Resurrection Day!

That's a phrase I had never heard before my mother-in-law said it yesterday...but it's a good one, don't you think? Sums up what today's all about. I'm glad that Easter isn't nearly as commercialized as Christmas is, but I wish it were celebrated more than it is. Everything seems to be all about Christmas, and that's not necessarily a bad thing because without the Savior's birth, we'd have no death and no resurrection. But I often think maybe we have the wrong "favorite" holiday. I mean it is the death and resurrection, not the birth that gives us the chance to be saved by grace and the chance at having real life.

If you've got a few minutes, take a look at this video by Go Fish (and moms, if you're driven insane by kids cd's in the car all the time, take a look at these guys....it's upbeat Christian songs that won't drive a parent nuts). They have about, oh, 4 or 5 albums out. Trust me, Zoe loves it, and so do both of us. And yes, I know this was originally meant to be a Christmas video, but it's still fitting.



Anyway, our weekend started with lots of this.



Our little community had an Easter egg hunt at the high school stadium. Older kids were hunting over 13,000 eggs on the main field, and the younger ones were on the practice field hunting over 9,000 eggs. It was really meant for the kids, but prizes were involved. On some of the eggs were written prize numbers. Sadly, lots of parents literally shoved their kids out of the way to shovel dozens and dozens of eggs into their baskets. It was ridiculous. The three and under side was empty in less than 3 minutes, and it's not because toddling kiddos were lightening fast. It was ridiculous how much some of those baskets were overflowing.
Zoe had a good time...here are a few of her egg hunting grabs.




This morning, all she wanted to do was play with her bucket of eggs. Made for some cute shots. And the dress, I've had it for over a year. Got it free from the MOPS table of freebies last year. She looked so grown up in it this morning. AND..we actually managed to keep her still long enough to get a family picture. A rare moment in our home.






Gotta love the 'tude. Like I say, almost 2 going on 12.

So with what's left of it, our family would like to wish yours a Happy Easter and a Happy Resurrection Day!

2 comments:

  1. Cute pictures. We didn't go to the Trinity Hunt this year only because of THOSE PARENTS. We've gone a couple of years in the past and it gets worse every year. It is disgusting! Think THOSE parents know the real meaning of Easter? We went to the FUMC hunt and carnival which was much more low key and enjoyable! Hope you are feeling well and your patience is lasting :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little girl! I did love celebrating Easter with Jacob...it is the best holiday! I agree with you...we are glad it isn't commercialized, but wish it was celebrated more. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete