
Sorry, y'all, I just had to do that since you all know I'm a ticking time bomb right now.
So yes, we now have a "new" (new to us, but used) van. Long story short (as if the queen of writing novellas can really write a short story)...back a few weeks ago, the air conditioner stopped working. Had it just been the two of us w/no kiddos, we'd have just done without it...but with a new baby and lots of long travels coming up, that wasn't an option. We took it to our local mechanic who found a problem with wiring. $200 later, we had the car back and a working air conditioner. Three days later, same problem. Took it back in and they discovered a bigger problem that. The compressor had completely gone out. For the non car buff, I have no idea what it is, but I know it was expensive to replace...like a minimum of $1600 expensive (possibly more if that didn't include labor). Need I say that since we were looking into the option of buying a "new" used car in the next year or two to replace Darin's jeep, spending $2000 wasn't a welcome idea. So, guess who's car got replaced?? The van...this van.

So we head yesterday to a used dealer in town, someone Darin and I know and completely trust. We found a van, same make, model, and year with only 51,000 miles it. Price??? Only $8,000. NO WAY! What a blessing!! Trade in value of mine was $2000 (almost $2000 less than it would have been b/c of the compressor issue). So total cost to us?? Only $6000. Again, what a blessing!! And another reason it's such a blessing? He hadn't even put it out on the lot yet. He had just gotten it in that day! God is good, people!! It's in great condition, looks good, runs well, ect ect ect.
Now, that being said...we've replaced two MAJOR things in our house in just a week. PLEASE NO MORE! Zoe and her praying bear agree!

Is this picture not precious?? She's "praying" like her bear.
So, back to the story, God's taking care of us in the fact that we're getting it done before Ethan's arrival. Now watch, I'll go into real labor tonight. But at least we have a working air conditioner, and washer and dryer. :-)
Congrats on the "new" van! How exciting! New baby's next! I love the picture of Zoe!
ReplyDeleteI totally thought you had Ethan last night when I saw the heading of your post in my blog list! I'm so glad that the trade worked out so well and you have a reliable van now!
ReplyDeleteHopefully the next new thing you'll be announcing will be that baby!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new van!!!