So today was the day I decided it'd be best to get bags packed for the hospital. Since we're an hour away, it probably wouldn't be best for me to wait until the day I go into labor to begin packing. We've been told that we need to leave for the hospital when contractions are b/w 10 and 15 minutes apart instead of 5 minutes like most others who live just miles from the hospital campus.
Somehow, it became more real by getting bags packed, but for some reason it still doesn't seem like 3 weeks from now I'll have another child. Maybe it's because part of me feels like pregnancy is just a way of life. I feel like I've been pregnant for like 3 years, but at the same time, I don't feel like I've been pregnant for more than a couple of weeks...make any sense? I'm thinking not...but anyway.... I guess Zoe has kept me busy enough that I just haven't been focused on this pregnancy much. With her, being pregnant was all I could think about and dream about. Wonder what this will be like...or how's life going to change for us?? My only worry now is, "I hope Zoe doesn't try to throw her little brother against the wall like she sometimes does her dolls when she's swinging them!"
It just feels a bit surreal still I guess. Regardless, I have my labor bag packed and Zoe's overnight bag packed just in case. There are a few things I'll have to throw in at the last minute, but I've got them on a list.
Am I totally nuts that I don't feel like it's all just around the corner? I wonder about myself sometimes...
Just read your facebook status...guess it was a good thing you had your bags packed, huh? Even if you did have to come home!!
ReplyDelete