Friday, July 10, 2009

Ten On The Tenth



Well, it's summer..and when it's hot outside, things really slow down for me. So I don't necessarily have anything really interesting for my 10 on the 10th. My daughter's birthday is next Saturday, so I thought about doing one dedicated to her, but that's been done. My birthday was this last Tuesday, but who wants to read about that?? (Hehe)

I also thought about doing one that I saw recently called ten things that men understand about women. Well, it's short, so I'll show you anyway before I get to my real 10 on the 10th.

So what are ten things that men understand about women?

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.

10.

I showed my husband that list. His comment, "That's about right!".

SO...I decided to do my real entry on one entitled: TEN THINGS TO PONDER. It's hot. Go sit in your lawn chair with a cup of lemonade and...well...just ponder these:

1. If a word is misspelled in the dictionary, how would we ever know?

2. Doesn't 'expecting the unexpected" make the unexpected expected?

3. Why are a 'wise man' and a 'wise guy' opposites?

4. If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?

5. Why is phonics not spelled the way it sounds?

6. Why do you press harder on the buttons of a remote control when you know the batteries are dead?

7. Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

8. How come abbreviated is such a long word?

9. Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a whack?

10. Why do those of us from the south say that we're 'fixin' to do something. Hmm...I use that word ALL THE TIME and I'm not sure I could explain what 'fixin' really means.

4 comments:

  1. Okay...that is great.

    Because all of those SO worth pondering.

    Great list!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never say "abbreviated" again without giggling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your list just made me laugh out loud, and I don't do that too often when I'm reading blogs. :) I love the "whack" one and the pressing harder on the remote control. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh...those are FUNNY!

    The first list was funny too!

    Thanks for joining the fun! I loved seeing the birthday party pics.

    ReplyDelete