Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Flower power

Temps are up, daffodils are in full bloom, and kids are going stir crazy being indoors...that can only mean one thing! Spring in finally here. Not officially of course since the "official" start of spring is still a couple of weeks away. But everything else says that it's arrived.

I took the kids out for a good hour yesterday. It was SO nice. Mid 70's, and even warm enough for shorts! For the last two years, since Zoe was a baby, I've taken pictures with daffodils as my backdrop. They make wonderful pictures that give a "proffesional look". Granted, my camera isn't one of the pricy cameras, so it's as good as the lighting is. And since I have very busy body children, I have to use the quick snap that takes 6 pictures in a three second period, so they're not always as clear as I'd like them. But they work. And I like them!

So in the 30 minutes I spent taking pictures, my daughter managed to dump the remainder of our bubbles, (my distractor toy, mind you) and dump them on top of her head. My son, God bless him, ate two flowers. Not in full...just stuck them in his mouth. My camera thankfully is fast, so I captured the yucky moment and grabbed them out of his mouth. He did, however, managed to actually eat dirt before I could get it out of his mouth. GROSS! He's all boy, let me tell you!















No comments:

Post a Comment