Friday, March 26, 2010

The Sign

No, I'm not talking about the song from Ace of Base. (Those of you from my generation of kids from the 80's know exactly who I'm talking about. You're welcome!) :)

I'm talking about this.



That sign right there sits in the front yard of our house. That's right, folks. We're moving! But before you start wondering where we're going, let me tell you. We're not moving away from Arkadelphia. We're staying right here in town, just relocating.

So, the house was put up on the market yesterday. We went 'house hunting' on Tuesday with my in-laws and found a home...even put an offer on it. But, since we're not relocating to a different city, and definitely don't want to be stuck with two mortgages, we put an offer with a contingency. If you're like me and had no idea what that meant until I dealt with it, it's like this: We put in an offer, but won't buy officially until our home sells. That means that they will continue to show the home. In the event that someone else puts in an offer, they will come to us and give us 48 hours to make good on our contract...basically either pull out or committ to buying.

So please pray for us. This house would be perfect for our family...at least the way we see it. But it sits in sort of a coveted part of Arkadelphia, and will go fast one way or the other. I imagine we'll lose it if our house doesn't sell within a few weeks to a month. But I have faith that something will work out, even if it isn't this home. I just REALLY want this house. :)

2 comments: