Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Glad Fish, Sad Fish

A few weeks ago, our church opened up a scholastic order available to anyone who wanted any books. If you're familiar with Scholastic books, you know that 95% of them are a steal, some more than 90% off regular retail price. We bought Z some sight reader books since she's already learned how to spell and recognize words like Zoe, Ethan, Mommy, and Daddy. We've only had them a few days, but she has already picked up on several words. She "read" me two books yesterday. I'm not sure whether or not she just has great memorization skills or is picking up on a lot of the words. But she read me this book almost flawlessly...and was SO proud of herself for doing it.

Please excuse the poor "videographer" work...I was trying to position the book for the camera and where she could see it too, all while making sure I could turn the pages for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment