Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Early Mother's Day!

So I got a present last night from my precious son. It was a big one in fact! Oh - you wanna know don't ya? Well...it was his dinner, and maybe some of his lunch and breakfast mixed in. He decided he didn't need it in his tummy anymore and blaaahhhh...all over me. Happy Mother's Day to me!

On a more serious note, I have never seen a child throw up that much in my life. He projectile vomited all over me, himself, the chair, and the floor over and over and over for about 20 seconds straight, or longer. I, needless to say, was a little frightened. I'm sure my husband would have a slightly different bend on the story as my shrills and my "I NEED YOU NOW!!!'s pierced the home". And all through it all, Zoe who was standing nearby kept asking, "mommy, what is Ethan doing?" Can't say I handled that one with much grace and patience. I almost added to what was already there a time or two as the absolutely horrid smell of rotten cheese lovely aroma of flowers wafted into my nasal cavities.

Darin brought me a wet towel and took him from me as I began gagging and trying to hold my own dinner in. I managed to wipe enough off to be able to peel my clothes off me in between gags and jump in the shower. Next task was to clean the chair, floor, and use an entire bottle of lysol in a ten foot radius of the puke epicenter.

Today he's been really sleepy. No more throwing up except for one more small episode during the night in which he either never woke up or never was bothered enough to cry for help. I walked in this morning to corn and noodles scattered in random places on his bed. Lovely! It obviously wasn't too bad because he wasn't just covered in the stuff. Just a little spot here and there. He just had the record for the amount of (I'll spare you details, so I'll just call it "nasty stuff") "nasty stuff" in his diaper....and then touched it while I was cleaning him and smeared it over his face. Resume gagging reflex.

He's cleaned up again, this time with a disposable on instead of a cloth diaper on. Those aren't fun to clean when filled with "nasty stuff". And he's back asleep...sound asleep where he'll probably be for another 2 hours. I feel so helpless when he's like this. He obviously doesn't feel good and won't eat anything. I wish I could take it from him. I wouldn't enjoy it, but I wish I could take it from him. :(

Next steps: Get the 102 fever down, and set a lysol bomb in the house. Cross your fingers....if I don't get it, it'll be the best mother's day gift EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment