Thursday, May 27, 2010

We are now the PROUD owners of....

THIS.



And this is what these two cuties think of it.




And for those family members who might have a slight concern at a large trampolene in our yard, it has a big safety net surrounding it as well as a big pad to cover the springs.  

Z loves jumping. She jumps, intetionally falls, gets back up and jumps again, and falls again.  That's great fun to her.  The plus for me is that this will give her ample opportunities to run off her energy.  E loves to just stand and fall since he has no clue how to move his legs in such a way to jump.  He'll stand and bend his knees up and down and giggle about it.  He's so proud of himself and thinks he's big stuff.

So how did this purchase come about, you may ask?  Well....I took Z to a mommy and me gymnastics class last week.  We were allowed to try a class for free to see if she liked it.  If you know my little girl, then you know she's quite slow to warm up.  She wouldn't participate in any of the warm up.  No, in fact, what perked her up was the teacher saying, "ok, let's head to the trampolene".  She picked up on stuff, but she really just enjoyed jumping when it was her turn to practice a jump.  I knew only one person there.  Her daughter is amazing and an absolute natural...I can see her going to like the 2022 olympics or something.  There were 5 others in the class, and let me tell you, I got my taste of a couple of hard core moms who were serious about their daughter's learning gymnastics.  The problem for me in that was that they were 2 and under.  That kind of environment is not one I want Z being surrounded in...not yet anyway.  I want her to have fun.  She liked the rest of the class, but really just wanted to go jump.  So when talking to Darin to consider making the monthly investment, I said, "I think she'd just be happy with a trampolene at home."  So off to searching we went.  We found one...the one we had...originally priced at $450, but on sale for 50% off.  Safety net and padding included.  Umm...no brainer there.  We invested in this so that it could be a fun thing for the whole family, something that proved to be true just on the first day of jumping.

2 comments:

  1. FUN!!!

    And good for y'all to keep things fun while you still can. So much pressure in this town especially to DO and BE. There will be plenty of time for all of that mess later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Amber. What is it with small towns and mamas trying to outdo each other? Getting a trampoline was the BEST thing we ever did! Pooh on anyone saying they're not safe. I had one as a kid without a net and I'm still alive! We hate winter and too hot summers when Sam can't jump on it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete