Sunday, May 30, 2010

In the raw...

I realize I've turned into the boring mom that just posts pictures of my kids.  My creativity melted away in the sun about a month back.   It'll come back someday, but for now I'm ok being boring and just posting pictures.  Because I've spent the week mowing the front lawn, doing load after load after load of laundry (just when you think it's all done...and why is it summer brings about twice as many clothes), cooking, cleaning, blahblah, blahblah, blahblah.  Laundry's done...dishwasher waiting to be started...bathrooms cleaned...floor vacuumed and swept...kids in bed.  Now I'm just swimming in my lack of creativity.

So these pictures were taken on OBU's campus a few days back.  I took a whole slew of pictures when Zoe first started walking really well.  Ethan's been at that point for a couple of weeks so I figured I'd better get a "photo shoot" while I could before he started running....'cuz he tries...really hard, and then usually plants his face in on the ground.

You'll notice there aren't many pictures of my daughter.  Why you ask?  That's because she's almost 3 going on 13, and is in this, "no, I don't want to smile for a picture" stages.  Little miss priss, I'll tell ya.  So I got the few that I could and focused the rest of my attention to Ethan.  There are like 15 pictures here, but let me tell you that's narrowed down a whole lot.  My camera snaps pretty quick, so in about 30 minutes, I got...oh, about 150 pictures of him just doing natural stuff like looking at airplanes when they'd pass and hugging a lamppost..things like that.  No way would he stand still long enough for an actual pose.

So this is my boy in the raw...kicked off the shoes, dirt and food on the face from playing on the ground then rubbing his face (and not letting me wipe it off), bruised forehead from butting his head during a tantrum, scratch on the chin from a friendly bump with the ground, and his lonesome tooth on the bottom and top of his gum.  That snaggletooth grin makes me smile, and Z's glare from me trying to get her to smile at the camera makes me smile just as much. They are bundles of joy and my world would just not be the same without them.  I could just kiss all over those little cheeks on that little girl and little boy.  Oh wait...I do.  :)

 

1 comment:

  1. Such cutie pie pictures. You'll be so glad that you took the time to take pictures of him. I have eleventy million and three pictures of Keaton...and hardly any of the other boys.

    BIGGEST parenting regret. I was just too busy running around like a chicken with my head cut off to grab the camera.

    ReplyDelete