Friday, June 4, 2010

Step one in toddlerhood

Ethan, you are now 13 months!  I think you are growing up to fast.  I am your mother...and I'm telling you to stop.  Well, I guess it doesn't quite work that way, but a mom can dream.  So what are you up to in your official toddlerhood? 

*You are walking EVERYWHERE.  Crawling has been a thing of the past for some time now.  You walked when you were a little after 11 months old, but that was always prompted by me or your daddy.  Now it's all on your own.  You have tried to run a couple of times, but you always end up on your face.
 
*You have learned finally to stand and squat, though you still haven't learned how to get up from the ground without crawling and pulling up on something before walking wherever it is you want to go.

*You FINALLY have teeth.  Three, in fact.  You got them within a week's time.  Two of them (the first two) came in within 24 hours of each other. You, needless to say, were not a happy child for a few days.  We're still waiting on tooth #4 - and it is close behind. 

*You are talking up a storm.  You will talk to your daddy and me like you're holding on a full conversation, and as much as we'd like to understand your jabber, we just smile and nod, occasionally throwing in an, "oh, yeah?" and an, "is that right?". 

*You do, however have a repertoire of words built up.  You know Jedi, Daddy, Mama, Cat, "right der" for right there, "wat dis" for what's this, "a done" for all done, cheeto (we've grilled out a few times), "paise baby" for praise baby, and a few others I'm sure I"m missing.  You mimic a lot, but those are the ones I'm pretty sure you say on a semi regular basis. 

*When I ask what a lion says, you say "raaaaa".  When I ask what a cow says, you say, "Mmmmmm".  When I ask what a sheep says, you say, "a-a-a-a-a".  Those, so far are the only ones you can correctly mutter. 

*You LOVE being read to and have two favorite books that you want read over and over and over again in one sitting. 

*You make a bee-line for me whenever I call you and say, "Ethan, I have your milk!", even if you're in your room looking at books and I call from across the house.

*You are a water baby...most of the time.  You enjoy the lake, swimming pools, and your bath time. You don't however enjoy the process of getting ready for swim time. 

*You love giving kisses, slobbery ones on the cheek, and blowing kisses from across the room.

*You can point when asked to nose, mouth, and eyes.  We're working on ears, and not trying pull mommy's earrings out of hers. 

*You throw a lot of temper tantrums...ones where you butt your head on the ground (which is why you have 4 bruises in various places on your forehead right now.).  You get left alone a lot while you're throwing those. 

I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton, but your mama is tired, and can't think anymore.  Until next month...



No comments:

Post a Comment