Darin is about to have a birthday. He's not much of a party or gift kind of guy, so I try to be creative with what I get him. It never fails that the older he gets, the more he looks the same. Yeah, I know, didn't make much sense. But seriously, the man doesn't look like he's aged a wink since he graduated college. Maybe that explains why kids he taught in the 7th grade pick him out of a crowd in Walmart still. My old man...although I would have to say that he may be older than me in age, but his body is about 20 years younger than mine. And although I'm younger than him by number, my poor arthritic body is about 55 in reality.
Heck...my own doctor hinted at the fact that I was getting old when he told me that the pain I was experiencing at night was just arthritic changes. And when I asked about the preexisting condition I was diagnosed with when I was 21, he said, "well that's the name we give to those who are young. When you age, we call it arthritis." I laughed and said back to him, "oh, so you're trying to tell me I'm old, huh?" No worries...I know him pretty well. We go to church with he and his family. So I may make fun of Darin about getting "old" but my body is much older, so poking fun is equal in this household.
Me, well, I just feel big sometimes. I'm not yet really, but I feel that way. I'm still in the "looking fat" stage. Actually, I haven't really grown much at all from the last picture I posted. Here's how I'm feeling at the moment. Now only half of this picture is accurate. I pretty much feel like I could inhale a hippo at any given moment, but I've only gained a pound...maybe. That's probably because most of what I choose to buy in terms of snacks are healthy. Otherwise, I'd have gained 10 pounds or more by now.

Zoe is learning new things every minute of every day...even in her sleep. I swear, that child comes out with 5 new words every week. This week, her new words are "potty", "bap" for nap, "sits" for seat, "socks", "up", and "wawer" for water. Obviously, the correct pronunciation is a ways away...but we're making huge progress. Her favorite words by far are still "baa" for ball and "shoose" for shoes. No idea why those are her favorite, but half of her day are spent walking around with a ball in her hand or a shoe..sometimes one in each hand.
She also started building blocks this week. She had been stacking two large blocks or two items several months ago. But this week, she started stacking 3 and 4 small blocks on top of one another. I got a video of her diligince in building.
Now if that had been one of my kids they would have noticed the camera and starting showing off. I do not know how you are able to get her on video like you do. But you are right she was very diligent, a future architect in the house?
ReplyDelete