Thursday, June 4, 2009

Dodging storms and a visit to the lake

Yesterday, Ethan made his first lake trip.
So excited he could hardly contain himself.

We loaded the kids up in their swimsuits along with some hamburgers, veggies, and chips and headed out to the lake. No sooner had we pulled out of our driveway when I saw the clouds way off in the distance. Talk about ominous. But I didn't know if they were moving our way or not, so we decided to take a chance. I figured they were far enough off to give us a good hour, and knew as soon as it started to thunder, we'd just pack up and leave.

When we arrived, Darin hit the grill while Ethan did this.


No storms as of yet, so Zoe and I hit the water and did a lot of this.






Darin gets the grill started and waits for the charcoal to heat up, so he brings Ethan out and does some of this. Look at my little man in his not quite fitting yet swim trunks. Too cute.
Showing off his muscles.

Speed time up to about 30 minutes later. Food's ready!! This is the face I got in return. Ahem...Miss attitude at your service.

After some coaxing to get her out of the "big baftub"...not the lake mind you, the big baftub...we ate a yummy dinner complete with my almost favorite type of chips, funions (I'm sure I just butchered that spelling).
Must've caught sight of dinner being brought to the table.



And the best part of the day? All of Arkansas got stormy weather except for a small area with a diameter of about, oh, 45 miles or so. And we were smack in the middle of it. No rain whatsoever. What a day!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE OUR LAKE!!!

    It is one of our family's most favorite places in the whole wide world!!

    Looks like you guys had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pics of y'all's time at the lake! The kids are so cute in their swimming suits! We're just about to head to the beach here! Hooray for living close to the water!

    ReplyDelete