Saturday, June 20, 2009

Fun in the sun!

Happy Birthday Bethany! Last night, we loaded the kids up, their diaper bags, sippy cups, suntan lotion, strollers - *sigh* Why is it such a big ordeal to take kids anywhere? - and headed to Lower Dam's park for Bethany's birthday. As I said in my previous post, there was a mini baby boom in our church - all girls - and we're nearing the tail end of the two year old birthdays. Four down, two to go! Anyway, we're going to attempt to tell this story with pictures.

This is the Birthday Girl!

"Yummy...this looks good!"

"I think I'll have some more"

"I can stop anytime I want to, thank you very much!"

"But today's not that day. I'll just sneak one of these while Mom's not looking."

"See? No evidence what so ever!"

Zoe - "Wow, she's brave sneaking off with a cupcake like that.
Sawyer - "Oh, I know...so you think we oughta try? All the adults are gabbing. No one would ever catch us.

Gift time...

"Aww...why don't I get any presents??"

"I'll just borrow her new tricycle for a while."

Stop and pose with Kelsey and Bailey

"Check out my ladybug ears!"

Park time...

"no, I think I'd just rather stay in the sand where it's safe, thank you."

"Ok, well, I'll try the slide, but only if you hold my hand going down."

"Oh, well if everyone else is going to do it by themselves, forget you!"

"Weeee...I go down so much faster without help! What was I thinking being afraid??"

- Sidenote...this girl was terrified and wouldn't go up the steps or down the slide without help - until she saw her friends do it by themselves of course. The rest of the night, she was up and down faster than I could say boo.


"Last one there's a rotten egg!"

My little GQ Man

"Hmp - if they're going to keep interrupting my play time for pictures, I'll give them a "smile""

"YUCK...I just got sand in my mouth!!!"

And yes, that would be my dear husband - according to him, "the closest thing I'll get to a laz-y-boy.

"I....can't....pull....you! You're too heavy!!!

FLASHBACK MOMENT!!!

Look at these sweet girls!! They're now two, or just shy of two years old! Time has flown!

These are these same sweet girls - minus the birthday girl who was out of town - when they were 4, 5, and 6 months old.

And notice the sweet one in the middle with her tongue sticking out. That's Kelsey. Now...scroll up 5 more pictures. The one on the left? Same sweet girl - tongue and all. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Aw, you got some cute pictures! Cute post!

    ReplyDelete