Friday, April 16, 2010

And.............

We're off the bottle and on the sippy!!! One more milestone reached.

Yay for me!!!!

Now just to get him fully on whole milk.

See, what I didn't think about when I weaned him from nursing (all his decision) two weeks ago was the fact that he still couldn't (or shouldn't) have whole milk. So we had to wean him from breastmilk to complete formula which was a chore in and of itself, and now from formula to whole milk. *Sigh* See, with Zoe, I think I nursed her to 11 and a half months when she just decided she was D.O.N.E. nursing, and we went straight to whole milk. So weaning her from the bottle to the sippy wasn't a big deal because all she had out of the bottle was her evening feeding. Just two more weeks...why couldn't I have done it for two more weeks.

It's been a little bit more of a struggle to wean him not only from the bottle to the sippy, but also from the warm to the cold. We did formula warm because it resembled breastmilk a little more. So this week, we dropped the bottle pretty much cold turkey and have introduced whole milk to him. Really, he doesn't seem to notice much of a difference in taste. He's figured out a sippy now, if it has handles on the sides and hasn't had a bottle in over 48 hours. We have been doing 2 oz's of warm formula w/2 oz of cold milk to get him used to the cooler taste. He'll drink it if it's that way, but he won't drink it if it's cold on top of cold. I think we probably have another week or so of formula left, and we'll continue to do half and half, but as soon as it's gone we'll be on straight whole. Picky one, we have. Any suggestions on how to overcome the temperature issue??

No comments:

Post a Comment