One down, one to go! I hope, at least. So about a month or two ago, I posted about how I thought Zoe was potty trained. She just teased us for a couple of days. So not so much. Since it's warm again, I thought maybe I'd try the "naked from the waist down" thing again.
Friday morning, we prepared to camp out at the house all day. I stripped her out of her pj's, and I flooded her with pink lemonade, two full glasses in the morning and two full in the afternoon. The potty seat was moved from the bathroom into the living room where we spend most of our day. She was instructed to go straight to the potty when she felt like she needed to go. I made up a sticker chart and set a goal of 9 spots (that was all that would fit). I told her that I'd let her put a sticker on her chart, and she would get 2 skittles each time she went on her own without being told. She loves ice cream cones, so I told her that when she filled her sticker chart up, we'd go get an ice cream cone.
Ok, seriously...9? I thought it'd take at least a weekend to get there. But NOOOO. She got it by 5:00 that afternoon. All 9! All by herself! About an after after the lemonade was guzzled down, the flood started. And just about every 15 minutes to 30 minutes, she would say as she ran, "I gotta go potty...I gotta go potty. And everytime, she'd just about fill the thing up. Water goes straight through her, so I knew it would make her have to go...a lot. By lunch, she'd succeeded 5 times with no accidents, and none of those I had to tell her to go. After nap, we repeated the whole thing again. Two more glasses + 1 hour of passing time = a pee flood. Only once in there did she trickle, but she stopped and ran to the potty to finish. She had gotten 5 more by evening reaching a grand total of 10.
Yesterday she did well until we went to Hot Springs, but had a couple of accidents in her diaper with the babysitter. Once, apparently Zoe ran to her and said she needed to go potty, so the girl wisked her to the potty, pulled down her pullup just in time to have pee go E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E. Zoe's response was, "oops".
This morning, even after a 11 hour sleep, she was completely dry! She told us that she needed to go potty, ran to go, and voila! Maybe she's night training too!?? I would doubt it, but who knows?
If she continues, she knows that she'll be able to wear her Dora underwear again. I for one am so proud of her! She seems like she's finally figured it out! We started the sticker chart over, but this time, she has to get 20 stickers. She's no longer being flooded with lemonade, and just going as she normally would, and she already has 4. Wahoo! Yay Zoe!
No comments:
Post a Comment