Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sportin' a new do

Well - I finally gave in. I cut hair. I am Darin's "barber", Jedi's "groomer" (our dog), and now our son's barber as well...well, sort of. I just took the clippers to the back of his head and to a section on the top so it could all grow out evenly. I've cut Zoe's hair numerous times, mostly bangs, but the back as well. Her hair grew out SOOOO SLLLLOOOOOWLY, and in some places, it's just now getting hair (like the area right by the ears. So I've been trimming the back in a bob type style to keep it at about chin level so that the rest of her hair had a chance to grow out as well. I have been trying to grow her bangs out and train them to do the side swept look. Not happening. So a few weeks ago, I trimmed her bangs by angling them downward hoping that it would allow them to train to brush off to the side. Again, not happening. Looked like I just had no clue what I was doing. So I trimmed the bangs all one length again...this time much shorter than I would have liked so I could even them all up. Something just didn't look right. So I gave in. I took her to a stylist to get her hair shaped. I grabbed a lollipop and off we went. I had zero clue what to expect from her in the way of behavior. I could imagine her going bazerk on me and freaking out, screaming and refusing to get in the chair out of sheer panic. Not the case at all. In fact, she just sucked away at that lollipop and watched the hair fall off her head. The lady who cut it said she was by far the best first timer she'd ever had. She didn't wiggle, didn't fight, didn't fuss, just didn't even seem to care. And we even got a "real official certificate" to prove it. :)

She didn't too much cut. Actually, she didn't cut any off the length. Mainly, the girl put in some layers to help it all blend and grow out better. Layers aren't my thing...I do boy's hair and dogs...the kind of hair I can do with clippers (don't worry, they're separate sets). Layers? No clue how to do them, and not gutsy enough to try on her. It's a cute style on her and frames her little face. I like short hair on her, but I think now that it's shaped by an actual professional, I'll let it grow out. But we'll see...only time will tell.



No comments:

Post a Comment