So we made this rainbow cake the other day. A friend of mind suggested it as a way of talking about Easter and teling about God's promises. Have you ever tried explaining the meaning of Easter to a two year old? One of the toughest things I've ever done! I talked briefly (very brief) about what a rainbow actually meant, but then led into the promise of being in Heaven because of Jesus dying on the cross. Of course there was a TON that I left out since she is only two. But she asked some questions like "Did Jesus go home to his daddy when he woke up?" Pretty profound for a 2 yr old, I think. Our "death on the cross" was explained more like "Jesus was put on a cross and was hurt really badly." Tough stuff, let me tell you! But she obviously got something out of it, because she's been "reading" out of her toddler Bible book and saying, "Jesus was on a cross and hurt bad. He woke up and went to Heaven." Sounds good to me!
Anyway, this cake was actually easier than it looks. We just had a simple white cake, divided it into 6 different containers, and used food coloring to color the layers, spreading the colors in the pan one at a time.

Dr. Ward, I hope you're not reading this. She doesn't get this often! :)

Mixing colors

The pre-cooked product

The finished product (complete with the mishapen server)

The best part - eating it!
No comments:
Post a Comment