and it looked kind of fun, so I thought I'd try it.
So here goes...ten things that guarantee you're a girl from the 80's.
1. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off. Or even when he had those freaky eyes in "Thriller" at the end of the video.

Seriously...can we say ICK??
2. You wore a banana clip or one of those slap on wrist bands at some point during your youth.

Yup...had about 10 of those.
3. You know what "Sike" means.
Enough said....
4. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the ONLY female smurf.

So were they sexist or something??? I mean, come on...one girl?
5. You own any of these...

Wonder what my kids will think they are...
6. You carried your lunch to school in a Carebears or Popples lunchbox...
...with the matching thermos of course!7. You waited and waited and waited to save up enough box tops from cereal boxes to get one of these guys in the mail.

That's right...California Raisins
8. You couldn't pick a favorite toy, so you had a gazillion of these...





and loved playing with these too...




9. You used a can of hairspray a day to style your three layer bangs.
Why, oh why did I EVER think that was cool? And drum roll please.......
.
.
.
.
.
.
10. How best to tell if you're a girl from the 80's? You had a poster, a bedspread, a few dolls, several videos, all the cassette tapes, a t-shirt, and a few autographed pictures of these guys.
and threw all the stuff out about 6 months later 'cause they were "so yesterday". OH YEAH...you know you did!!!
Okay, I'm a total 80s girl. I laughed out loud at the first two. Very fun list! I"m so glad you joined in!
ReplyDeleteOk - I just have to say that the smurfs were a male only race. Gargamel is the one who created her and papa smurf had to pull a fantastic magix spell to get her to become a real smurf. That is why she is the only one!
ReplyDeleteI loved the blog, I am going to have to make the kids read it so they will 'learn' what we had when we were growing up.
The bangs, the bangs! I may have have one or sixteen pictures of me with teased hair.
ReplyDeleteAnd let's not speak of my inappropriate crush on NKOTB.
Sad thing is, I still have most of those toys, but at my parents' house.
ReplyDeleteSmurfette was the village hussy, don't you know.
Popples. And Pound Puppies. Yup. I had way too many of those.
ReplyDeleteLoved your list!!!! So much fun!!
Hi! I stopped over from Mer's blog. But apparently, I went to school with your husband! Who knew?!
ReplyDeleteThis was a fun, fun list and brought back so many memories....Like the sound of my aunt vacuuming up all the little Lite Brite pegs b/c she was sick of picking them up and she'd warned us all summer. I can't see a Lite Brite without hearing that crunchy noise.