Wednesday, June 24, 2009

As promised...

It's finally complete. He's only 7 weeks old, ya know...could've taken much longer. I'm so glad we didn't decide to paint after he was born. It was a mess to decide - we have 3 bedrooms. Zoe had one, we have one, and there was a spare. We decided we were going to wait until after our company left post birth to paint so we wouldn't have to move Zoe into her new, larger room before only to move her back to the nursery when we had company for two weeks and back again. Catch all that?? He was going to be in our room for about a month anyway in a bassinet. But I begged and begged for us to paint it before b/c I knew neither of us would feel like painting after he was born. He'd be still bunking in a pink, purple, and green room complete with polka dots right now if that were the case. And you gotta know I'd have issues with that.

So the painting was done before he was born but the decorating was not...until about 3 days ago that is. So as promised, here are pictures of the finished product.



Look at the nifty curtains I made him this weekend! Compete with tabs and everything...and the fabric almost matches his bedding too!

I tried my hand at the screwdriver and hammer last week and put these together - all by myself!!! And it's even put together correctly!!! You don't think it came together all put together like that now do you?? No, no...lots and lots of boards, and even more screws and nails.

Nice picture frames - no pictures. Well, the one on the right is the one that came with the frame. Makes a nice decoration, don't you think??







And look, the bed even comes complete with one of these...

And sometimes, often at the wrong times the room is complete with this.

3 comments:

  1. Cute room! You guys like to do difficult paint jobs, don't you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Audrey's room still isn't decorated LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!!!!!

    Love little boys' rooms! (Of course...could have something to do with not ever having reason to paint one pink, purple, and green!!)

    ReplyDelete