Thursday, June 18, 2009

We're counting down to two too!

How many different ways can I say two to too? I sound like I have a stutter.

So there's always this mini baby boom in our church. We were involved in one with Ethan too (there's that word again). When Zoe was born, she was in the mix with 6 other girls. No boys...just girls - all born within a 4 month period. The nursery was crowded, and then just like that, it was empty. The toddler room is about to be the same way in a few weeks. Zoe was the last of the baby boomers. Ethan, however was in the middle of a 3 streak boy boom...too funny.

Anyway, all that to say that all these little girls are now turning two years old, or have just recently done so. It's so neat to have watched them grow up. I realized as I was marveling at how big they are that Zoe will be two years old one month from today! Oh my goodness. Where did my baby go??? *sniffle*

So we did our monthly "portraits". I haven't figured out what I'm going to do from 24 months to 36 months. Maybe I'll do a once a quarter "portrait setting" with her. I might be quite possibly burning her out on the camera. Nah...who could imagine that!?!?! That way, maybe we can keep a fresh smile for the camera instead of a scowl which I'm often getting. These following pics are one of the few when I had a smile. And to get those, I had to be really sneaky behind the camera. We've got a stubborn one, folks. Ahem -not sure who she got that from....

So I'm really not sure how many new developments she's had this month. She's talking up a storm - often in full conversations with 6-7 word sentences. She's pretty clear with her speech, although there are times when we have to just smile and nod b/c we have no clue what she's saying to us. But most of the time we can avoid catastrophe when we don't understand her by saying, "Zoe, go show us." She'll usually take us right to it and we can then decode.

We can definitely tell she's getting a longer attention span. And she's learning to not run off at the store. She loves going to the grocery store with daddy while mommy shops, but she used to take off running. Now she will just stick to his side.

She's our little safety officer. When we get in a parking lot or street, we've ingrained in her brain, "Hold mommy's or daddy's hand when we're in a parking lot". She'll tell us now before we even get her out of her car seat. "Zoe need hold mommy's hand in parking lot".

Her newest phrases that she repeats over...and over....and over again are "*Gasp* - What's that?" (or who's that). She's officially entering the 100 and 3 gazillion questions a day phase.

She's also our little nurse. Anytime anyone (even strangers in the store) sneezes or coughs, she'll stop what she's doing and say, "you ok?". If, perhaps, you don't hear her, she will make sure to repeat herself until you do. Even if it's 30 times. Oh, and we can't forget the "Mommy got booboo on leg?" I have a scar on my knee from having the area "frozen" before a cortisone shot, so she asks that, oh, just about every day.

Other than those, we've just got a typical almost two year old going through the terrible two stage - whining, fussing, etc - you know how that is.





2 comments:

  1. Very cute pics of her! She is a beautiful little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twos are fun. And the energy just keeps growing and growing!

    ReplyDelete