Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sianara

Hmm...I don't even know if I spelled that correctly. Well, tonight, we begin to say farewell to the baby stage. Ethan, this year, has mastered sitting, crawling, cruising, and now we get to add walking to that list. Although I wouldn't say he's mastered it quite yet. So Ethan has been s.l.o.w.l.y. gaining confidence in his walking ability. He's such a proficient and FAST crawler, that he really didn't have any interest in walking until here just recently. He's taken 2 or 3 steps by himself, and like the post last week, he'd walk if he felt my slight touch on his shirt, but as soon as he felt me let go, he was down for the count. That changed tonight. He just decided he was going to go for it. I think he made it about 10 steps or so without tumbling a couple of times. I absolutely LOVE the first toddles. They are so hesitant, yet so determined to be like everyone else around them. And I can't help but find it absolutely amazing when they have what I would consider a hard fall, and yet they giggle, get back up, and do it again. Can you imagine what it would be like if you or I took a spill like that? I don't think I'd be giggling and hopping right back up like that. Just sayin'.

Darin and I had baby nursery today, and it was, I think the smallest crowd in a long time...just Ethan and a little guy that's a month older than him. For sake of privacy, we'll just call him W. Ethan spent a lot of time this morning studying W walk...so funny. I guess he taught Ethan something. I was thinking back to Zoe's first steps, and realized that she started walking (more than just the few steps) on July 4th, exactly two weeks before her first birthday. And today would mark exactly two weeks before Ethan's birthday. Ironic? Maybe. Even more so since both their first words were the same? And that their first word was "Jedi" (our dog's name)? Absolutely.

So baby stage...sniff...I'll miss you, but I'm ready to move forward and see the little boy and the little man that will be one day. So sianara. And until next time...or not. :-)

Excuse the poor videography skills. It doesn't work so well when you're the one trying to both video and catch a wobbly walker. :)

2 comments:

  1. Sayonara. But you were close!

    It's always sad leaving the baby stage behind. You can always have another one and begin the baby fun all over again! Or just volunteer in the church nursery if you ever get the baby urge again.

    ReplyDelete