
We didn't decide to even take her until Tuesday of this week. Wendi, a lady from church, let us borrow one of their costumes. Zoe was a little ladybug this year. TOO CUTE! I squealed when I showed Darin the costume. He on the other hand didn't share my enthusiasm over the whole thing. Ahem. But he was oh so patient with me as I tried to take dozens of pictures of her in her costume. He even got her dressed up again this morning while I was still in bed and went out to take more of her b/c about 75% of what I took last night were blurry b/c of the lighting. She doesn't stay in one place for more than one quarter of a second anymore. We even tried to get pictures up on the porch of one of the buildings on campus last night and it didn't work that well. I, unfortunately was humpty dumpty (without the costume) and had a great fall. She was about 5 stairs above me on a huge porch. She came a little too close for comfort and I went up a couple of steps to hold her back. A few seconds later when I went to take more pictures...boom..humpty fell. I totally forgot that I was two steps above the ground. Good news...camera and mommy to be are ok. Bad news...I looked like a total idiot hitting the ground. Oh well!
Here are some of the pictures that Darin ever so patiently worked to allow me to get. These are more of my pose pictures...which are soooo hard to get these days.





The next one is at Trunk or Treat at church. The parking lot was lined with cars from church members who decorated their trunks for the occasion and passed out candy. Community outreach thing, really. We didn't stay too long b/c they were playing "scary" music. Zoe was a little scared, I think. At least that was the impression I got when we put her down and she ran to her daddy and buried her face in his legs. She is with a friend of hers, Bethany, from church who also happened to be a ladybug. They are about a month apart in age. They make great human sized ladybugs, don't you think?

And lastly, the trick-or-treating in one of the dorms on campus. She enjoyed this for, oh, about 20 minutes. Then she just started roaming the halls. It was a place where she could walk/run forever and ever and turn around only to do it again. The first room we got to, she was really hesitant to take anything from the girl. Eventually the girl just put the bowl at her feet and let her pick. Zoe picked ever so cautiously, and put it into her little pumpkin. Then, she went back for more...and more...and more. When the girl finally stopped laughing, she picked the bowl up and Zoe reached up to take more from it. Don't quite think she understands the concept of "just one". By the end of the night, she had totally forgotten about us walking behind her. She just took off wherever she wanted to go...so sure of herself.




what a cute little ladybug! we'll have to head over to the dorms next year :o)
ReplyDelete