This place is sort of strange when they do this kind of thing. You don't go through the building to get your shot. They come to your car. So it's like a drive through flu clinic. They stick you in the arm through the window...strange but convenient. Darin got the pleasure of going first and Zoe got the "pleasure" of watching Daddy get stuck with the needle. This next moment is what made me tear up in the car. I watched her watch him get the stick. Her lips curled down and quivered a bit and then she just started let the tears roll...not sure if she has been traumatized by the immunizations, or if she just didn't want her daddy getting hurt, or if she knew she was next somehow. "Supermom to the rescue" I thought as I jumped out of the car to go console her before she got hers. Ok, so I didn't really think that, but I did jump out to go soothe her a little. Of course for hers, they had to do the inevitable and have us pull her out of her carseat and strip her down pants down so they could get her thigh. That was another "If only I could take the pain from you" moment.
You can stop laughing and rolling your eyes now. I am fully aware that that very "I wish I could take the pain from you moment" is so minute compared to what I'll experience as a mom later in her life. But she's my first and watching that smile turn upside down and crocodile tears fall from those big brown eyes just breaks my heart.
Oh yeah, and I guess it's time to begin sticking weekly pictures of my pregnancy in here somewhere since It's quite obvious to people that I'm expecting. Here's the picture for 16 weeks...
Wow! Baby grew from last week!
ReplyDeleteAdam and I got stuck this morning too...Adam's went a lot smoother than mine. It seemed as though the person who gave me my shot thought it was a race! Jammed it in my arm and got the vaccine in in a matter of seconds! OUCH! Usually it doesn't hurt that bad, but today it did!
It doesn't get easier just because they're older. I still get all misty eyed when mine have to get stuck. Bless Zoe's heart. Sweet girl.
ReplyDelete