Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Scooping slop

FINALLY! Success with the spoon! I guess I made a mistake starting with the fork first. We started about the time she was a year old or so and she ended up just stabbing at the plate over and over and over. When we tried just using the spoon, we had a little more success, but still tried to stab food with it. I don't give it to her much b/c she ends up flinging food everywhere or getting frustrated with it and squacking some funny sound. But today I was determined to have her get through a meal, or in this case, a snack with her spoon. Now granted, she hasn't quite figured out that you have to scoop your food up. She dips. But with this snack, a canister of yogurt, she could get away with the "dipping" technique. I'm just happy to see the spoon go from her plate to her mouth, and not to her nose or eyes or something like that.

I have to say that one little cup of yogurt took almost 15 minutes for her to eat using her dipping method. But she did it all by herself...at least until the end when I had to help her scoop.



And of course Jedi trying to make his video debut.

3 comments:

  1. Yay, Zoe!
    Jedi isn't camera shy, is he?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that I am amazed! She looked a bit too comfortable on that couch eating though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to be so thankful that you took video of the little stuff. We have hardly any video of our boys when they were babies, and what we do have is of stuff like Christmas and birthdays. You'll be grateful for the yogurt video when she is 18!!

    ReplyDelete