Monday, November 10, 2008

A Lazy Saturday

This morning was probably the most eventful my life has been on a Saturday morning in a long time. One of the 50 or so local churches (no, I'm not kidding) in town put on a little fall festival type thing this morning complete with crafts and a petting zoo. You can guess which one we spent more time in. I think she liked kicking around the dirt inside the place more than she did the animals, but she did make about 4 rounds to each animal. See, this is the benefit of living in a small town...you have quite a few of farmers and ranchers who raise livestock for a living and then bring them to things like this. They had goats, pigs, chickens, rabbits, and a baby buffalo that wasn't much bigger than a Shetland pony. I think she liked petting the goats the most, but you almost couldn't tell the way she would jump from one to the other.
She wasn't sure what to think about the oink sound he was making

"I want to play with the pig. I just have to figure out how to get in here"

"Wake up already you two!"

"And, you see, this goat is....." - These are two of her friends that we saw there, twins Jackson Camper and Carlisle. They're just a month older than Zoe is.

Her friend goat

checking out the baby buffalo

And our Saturday morning ended with playing in the leaves. She could spend an hour alone walking and kicking leaves.


No comments:

Post a Comment