Sunday, March 1, 2009

Down to 8 weeks!

Well, I have officially had a mini panic attack in realizing #1 that I only have 8 weeks, and #2, we have NOTHING ready...N.O.T.H.I.N.G! Now granted, the benefit of a second child is that you already have all that you need. The non-benefit of having a second child of a different gender is that the whole room has to be redecorated (according to my ideas anyway) and you need new clothes. There's just something about not wanting to put my son in pink clothes with frills on the butt and having his room be painted in all pastels (pink, purple, and green) complete with a butterfly and flower bed set. Hmm...just don't think I could do it.

Now, on the bright side, we're painting over spring break when Zoe is officially booted out of the nursery and graduates into her "big girl" room which was painted over Christmas break. AND...the big infamous Duck Duck Goose sale is in two weeks. Who-hoo!!! I'm planning again to be a consignor so I can sell Zoe's old clothes and make enough $$ back to buy her next set of clothes. Works out perfectly. During that shopping spree (which to me becomes exactly that to me), we'll shop for Ethan's first six months of clothes. There's just something that makes me giddy about being able to go nuts and feeling good about it. I'm not one that spends a lot of money normally, but this sale just makes me happy knowing I'm getting great quality stuff for less than a third of the original price. What girl wouldn't be excited about that kind of shopping??!!?

So, here's my 32 week picture. We've been so sick over the last couple of weeks, picture has been the last thing on my mind. I've lost 5-6 pounds from the two bouts with the stomach flu but gained a couple of inches around the belly during that time. Gaining inches = losing weight...that just sounds weird, doesn't it??



I think if he sticks much further out, I'm going to have to permanently walk around with a hand underneath my belly so as to prevent myself from toppling over and doing a face plant on the concrete.

No comments:

Post a Comment