Monday, March 9, 2009

My "ABC tot"

OK, am I a total moron?? I just realized that the tunes for ABC and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star are the exact same! How have I not noticed that before??!!!!

ANYWAY, moving past my obliviousness...For several weeks, Zoe's been intrigued with letters on our shirts. In the morning, I often bum around in an old OBU sweatshirt or some other sweatshirt with lots of lettering. She always climbs up in our laps and begins to point at the letters. Friday, her interest grew when we pulled out some foam letters that you can hook together like puzzle pieces and also pulled down a wooden ABC puzzle. Since then, we've been playing around with those and she's surprised us with how many she's learned. She has been able to identify ABC and O for a while, but the others she's just picked up on. Here's a video of what we were doing this morning. She LOVES learning! Something I hope continues well after she starts school.



She knows about half of the letters now, but before I could get her to finish nature called and she walked away from me around the corner and did her business. "ABC" was her grand finale for you as she walked away. I guess she was camera shy and didn't want you to see the bright red face she makes complete with a series of grunts. :-) I get the pleasure right now of going to change that nasty thing. It's a rather stinky one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment