See, what they don't tell you in the "Mother Manual" that every hospital sends you home with, *snicker*, is that once your daughter hits a certain age, she wants to help you......WITH EVERYTHING. And what it also fails to tell you is that her way of helping is not exactly what you would consider helping. I love that my daughter has an innate sense of wanting to help out and clean, but I'm not so much of a fan of the increased amount of time I spend doing the work. You know, like when you fold clothes and she comes up to you, unfolds a freshly folded towel and says, "Here, Mommy. I help". Somehow that one load of clothes feels like 2 loads when I finally get finished. Vacuuming turned into a similar situation. My little one wanted to grab onto the pole and "help". Only my normally long strides used to get the job done were cut into about a third since the little legs that were attached to the little arms holding the pole were about a third the size of mine. *Sigh*
A week ago, a dear friend of mine, Tina, passed down some of her daughter's toys to us. And in the batch of stuff??? A TOY VACUUM!!! WHOOOHOOOO! One that talks and everything. Bless you, woman! You have saved my vacuum sanity!!!! She LOVES that little thing. When she plays with it, I always hear the same thing. "I vacuuming". So this morning was the big test. As I began vacuuming, I see my mini-me appear beside me with???? Her vacuum!!! Not holding onto mine...but pushing hers and saying, "I vacuuming!"!! It was a really sweet picture, actually. And the best part? The whole job only took me 15-20minutes, not 30+.
,
We used to have one of those vacuums!!! For the same reason!! It didn't last long. Wonder why I can't get my boys to want to vacuum now....hmmmmmmmm?
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that she is enjoying it!! I sooooo hated that thing, not because it got in the way or that Abby enjoyed using it. But the fact that she LOVED the sounds it made, we could NEVER get her to turn it off. So now she is productive and uses the real thing.
ReplyDelete