Thursday, March 5, 2009

Simple Pleasures

So if you can't tell by the sheer number of pictures I've posted, I LOVE spring...almost as much as I love fall. I LOVE the picture opportunities that you can do with flowers. I decided to go out with a college student yesterday who watched Zoe in the church nursery and we took pictures with flowers. She obviously took the family pictures, and I think I may have posted another one of hers too. I normally would have waited and let these be her 20 month pictures, but daffodils don't last but a couple of weeks and I didn't want them to be dead by the time I got out there. So here they are.

And I must confess...some of you are probably thinking, geez...15 pictures is a lot....but, ahem, I usually come home with over 60. But that's ONLY because my camera allows me to take a picture every second and a half, so I just snap and snap w/o ever looking. I learned that you can't look when you have a toddler who could take off at any second. So half an hour later, you have about 75 pictures that you can then weed through to get the 10 best. Oh my gosh!! What would I do without digital???!!!???
















So before you think I spent $1000 on my camera, let me tell you that I spent $150-$200 on it last May. It's a good one, but it doesn't do anything like what these high powered cameras can do. I do the fancy edits like the black borders and the sun splash techniques on www.picnik.com. Let's you do amazing stuff!

3 comments:

  1. Love your pictures, Alison. You could have a neat career in photography. So talented especially taking pictures of children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! I love springtime photos!

    What did we do before digital? Probably the same thing we did before cell phones and computers.

    ReplyDelete