Sunday, November 16, 2008

16 months old already....and 17 weeks already....

Well, I swear just last week I was posting some new things about Zoe and what she was learning...but nope...that was four weeks ago. Why does the time fly by so quickly? Where has my little baby gone? Well, before any more time slips by, I guess I should get on with my post. She will be 16 months old this coming Tuesday. 16 MONTHS! And in two months, it'll only be worse when I say I have a one and a half year old!!! Ahh....

Our precious baby has grown and learned so much over the last few weeks. For those friends and family who don't see her very often, here are a few new things in the Zoe box. Now I just have to think back to four weeks ago.......

*Lots of new words. A few of the ones that she says quite often are "peas" for please, potty...along with poopy and peepee, "lush" for lunch, "dink" for drink, "mof" for mouth, nose, pants, shirt, box, horsey and "yo" for hello. Don't ask me about that last one...I'm not sure where yo came from but that's what she'll say into her toy phone as she talks into it.
*She knows a couple of numbers from looking and studying her seasame street numbers placemat every meal. She can say and identify 6, 9, 1, and "tee" for three.
*She can say and identify two colors - "boo" for blue and "pur - ple" for purple.
*She knows and points out most major body parts and facial parts on your body or her own. She can say most facial parts and loves to say "toes".
*She is now using a spoon for a few meals and snacks that require a spoon to eat. She is our veggie lover and fruit lover, but doesn't like to eat much meat. Go figure!
*She can identify several farm and zoo animals and can tell you what they say when you ask her. Her favorites are the duck, lion, and fish sounds.
*She is now definitely in full run mode, of course just in time for me to be in full turtle mode the bigger I get.
*She has learned to climb on the couch by herself.
*And last but not least, she is doing an awesome job at potty training. She will almost always tell me when she needs to go poopy and I think she's starting to realize when she needs to pee. And about a third of the time, she successfully makes it to the potty in time for either. We have on average about 5-10 successes of some sort each week. Sometimes several a day! Last Friday, we had two "peepees" and one poop!! I sometimes have to drag her off of her potty b/c she loves sitting on it so much. The only problem we have right now with it is she'll say "potty" so much to me, I don't know when she's serious and when she just wants to go sit on it bare bottomed.

She just grows and learns so much stuff every day. I'm completely amazed at how much kids her age are just sponges. She will try to repeat almost anything she hears, but most often it's the last word in the sentence that we say. That's a constant reminder, let me tell you!



--------------------------------------------------------------------
Last but not least, here's my 17 week picture. I'm feeling him/her kick more than ever now. I think we have a future soccer star (or as one of the youth that I teach in Sunday School said, a swimmer). Baby's definitely grown the last week. I'm feeling great. No sickness anymore (though there wasn't much to begin with), a little more energy, not many aches and pains like I had when I was carrying Zoe, and no more headaches! That's the best news...those drove me nuts! We find out what we're having on December 16th when I'm 21 weeks. Cross your fingers that he or she will cooperate that day...I'll just make sure to drink a Dr. Pepper an hour before the appt. so they'll be on a sugar rush. ;-)

2 comments: