Friday, November 21, 2008
Negative Blood Test!
Good news in the Buscher household! Last Tuesday, I had a routine blood test at my OB appointment that would be able to identify any defects with the new baby. This tests for things such as Down Syndrome, spina bifida, and lots of other scary deformities and life threatening disorders. The nurse informed me that they had a lot of positives come through, but that several of those are false positives and not to worry if I got a positive result back. YEAH RIGHT! How long has it been since you've had a kid? Oh...you're a grandmother? (No...I didn't really say those things to her). No...actually, I have been so at peace with this pregnancy it's scary. When she told me that on Tuesday, I looked at her, shrugged, and said, "ok". I imagine as I heard the same conversation two years ago, I sat straight backed, eyes bugged out, and heart trying to jump out of my chest. I remember being a nervous wreck for the four days it took to get results. This time, I totally forgot that I was even supposed to get a call today. The Lord has taught me that even I can have peace (though I only choose to accept it for some reason in some situations..this being one of them). So the good news is that the test results all came back negative. Our prayers (so far) of a healthy baby have been answered.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great news!!
ReplyDeleteYay! That's great news. Healthy baby #2 on the way!
ReplyDelete