Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Ni-Hao

OK, so today my daughter started talking in Japanese. She said something fairly simple over and over and over...Ni-Hao (pronounced knee how) which in Japanese means hello.

I am ashamed to say but as I'm gotten further and further along in my pregnancy, the TV ends up being on for random parts of the day. I just can't keep up with her all day like I could 6 weeks ago, so to keep her still for a few minutes throughout the day, I flip on a show. We still don't watch too much, but it's been on more than normal. One of her favorites has become Ni-Hao, Kai-Lan. It's a preschool cartoon where they teach simple Japanese words throughout the show...really cute. One of the more often used words is the word for hello which obviously she's picked up on. It came on this afternoon and she ran to me and said, "Ni-hao". I had to try to recapture it in video and luckily she did it for me. My luck and that's how she'll start greeting people. I can see it now....

4 comments:

  1. Aaah, yes. Ne Hao Kai Lan, the Chinese Dora with the same freaky large eyes! I cringe when that one comes on.

    ReplyDelete